We regularly update this page – Last update 28 July 2023
Interested in Guest Blogging
Hi there – Thanks for your interest in writing for Mondosol! Our standards are high, but always interested in quality guest posts from quality bloggers.
Please note: We value all of your pitches. However, due to the volume of requests we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to all submissions. If your submission is aligned with what we’re looking for, and we have availability in our editorial calendar, you’ll hear from us.
The Mondosol Blog have over 10 thousands monthly visits, and we’re always looking for more brilliant contributors to join our ranks. Just make sure you read this page, OK? It’ll save you both a lot of time and hassle. 🙂Here’s what you need to know about being a Mondosol contributor. It should answer any questions you have like:
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in Guest Blogging?
If you want to write for Mondosol,You’ve come to the right place. Please fully read these guidelines before submitting a piece to our editorial team.
Important note: Our publication queue for contributed articles can be up to 3-4 months long. To ensure our article backlog doesn’t grow, we publish only the most useful articles for our audience; accordingly, we tend to be highly selective.
If you can’t wait that long, Mondosol offers a Sponsored Article option. This option allows you to be published within a few weeks, but it still needs to be approved by our editors. Find out more about sponsored articles on Mondosol.
Where can you do guest blogging?
How much does it cost a Guest Post on Mondosol?
Price starts at $17 for a Placement and Mini Article, where you write a post up to 300 wordsthat is helpful and relevant to the topics of Mondosol websites, containing a link. If You have multiple article or work with many clients, we can offer you a 10 to 30% discount depending on the volume.
In Mondosol we charge $57 for a Placement and Medium Article, where Mondosol will create content for you and place it in the site. Up to 1000 words and 2 links allowed.
Alternatively, you want a sponsored post created for you and place it in the site. Mondosol charges $112 to post more than 1000 words and 3 links allowed.
The article must be written in mother tongue level English. If we need to rewrite it or heavily edit because of bad quality writing we charge an additional $25.
How Much should I Pay for a Guest Post?
Don’t Overpay For A Guest Post. Here are some stats for your a$$ as an example. If you publish a guest post on a website with Domain Authority of 20+ and monthly traffic between 1,000 – 3999 the Publishing Fee is between $30 – $60. For more information see the Tab under.
When should I pay for a Guest Post?
In Mondosol you pay before your article is published. In all cases we ask a partial for a full payment in advance.
How should I pay?
You pay through Paypal gateway at firstname.lastname@example.org or with Credit Cards. You can pay also through Stripe with Credit Cards and other different payment methods.
Can I use external links?
Your post can contain links to other, relevant things you have written (approved and that make sense within the post), as well as links to other relevant sources (blog posts of others, Mondosol links, etc.). You can edit your URLs (Permalink). Use this to highlight important keywords.
What Links can I use?
Links to third-party authoritative sources tell the reader that you are incorporating third-party perspectives and evidence in support of your argument. Otherwise, all you’ve got is a theory without substantiation. Having said that, our editorial team is always on the lookout for:
– Links that appear promotional.
– Links to clients, friends, or appear self-serving in some way. In some cases, the promotion may be unintentional, but it will still have the same effect.
– No links to people’s home pages for their companies for quotes or cited sources. Linking to sources’ Twitter handles, LinkedIn profile, or another type of bio page is OK.
– No calls to action that are self-promotional
– Any links that appear promotional or superfluous will be removed by editorial staff.
– We reserve the right to add rel=”nofollow” to any link or remove a link at any time, before or after an article is published.
– No links to websites in these areas: pills/RX, porn, gambling (extra $25), and payday loans.
Do I need a 100% Original Post?
Any columns accepted for publication must be exclusive to Mondosol. Yes your posts must be 100 percent original. This means:
- No plagiarism! We use CopyScape. If you’re caught once passing off someone else’s work as your own, you’ll get a warning. Do it again, and you’re gone and blacklisted.
- No self-plagiarism: You can’t “borrow” sentences from your own prior published content, or from company blog posts (or other written materials). If you’re going to use someone else’s words/thoughts, it must be properly attributed.
Note: As of May 2018, we no longer accept syndicated posts.
What do I Write About?
You are welcome to draw from your own experiences to come up with your own ideas and topics. Please discuss the idea with the Executive Editor to make sure nothing else similar is being worked on by another author.
Always try to go beyond the basics/obvious.
The most successful articles tend to be:
- Lists (e.g., examples, tips, tools, tactics)
- How-to articles/guides
- Explainer posts (e.g., what is… / why x matters)
- Expert roundups
- Opinion posts/commentary/think-pieces
Always provide actionable tips and practical advice.
Share your own experiences. Don’t rely heavily on quoting influencers, experts, or authorities from other sites.
Be the expert and make our readers go “wow.” Posts they can’t wait to share with their friends. Posts people won’t forget two seconds later.
Tip: Copy and paste your post into Grammarly, or Microsoft Word and run a spell check. We prefer these editing tools for catching sneaky misspellings, and extra spaces. Feeling extra word-nerdy? Use Hemingway Editor to check fo
Must Posts Be Pitch Free?
All posts will be marked “Sponsored” if you are writing to sell a product or recommend a particular product or service.
If you want to get your content featured on Mondosol and looking to generate more awareness and demand for your product or service, then you’re on the right place.
Our Sponsored Articles program catapults your article to the front of our four-month-long editorial queue. Your piece will be featured on our site and in our Mondosol email newsletter, which reaches over 5,000 subscribers. We’ll also promote your article on our various social media channels.
And in the bio at the end of the article, you can choose to link to resources and landing pages on your own site.
Prices start at $17 for one sponsored article, with discounts for multiple articles.
Sound good? Reach out for more information.
P.S. Need help writing your sponsored article for Mondosol? We can help with that, too. Let us know in the Contribution Form and we’ll provide you more information.
If you’re writing to share your expertise, information, insights, and ideas with our audience your post will be marked as “Guest post”, or “Contributed”.
If you write about an experience involving a client or business partner, you must disclose the relationship in the article.
Do I need Disclosures?
If you have a relationship with a company or someone mentioned in your post, you must disclose it. Some examples of disclosures:
- Citing original data/research from your company: “(Disclosure: I work for [insert company name here])”
- “My case study features the Cleveland Zoo, a client of mine.”
- “My business partner, Grenevieve Focker, wrote the case study below.”
How long should my post be?
Here are the guidelines for how long your post should be depending on the type of post.
- Posts should be at least 1,000 words.
- Most posts that appear on Mondosol are between 1,500 and 2,000 words.
- We do love longer posts, but our editorial team is small and limited for time. So if you want to write an in-depth post that is 3,000 words, 4,000 words, or even longer, please ask for approval from the Mondosol Executive Editor first!
Note: Longer posts tend to get more pageviews, time on page, and social love. However, they also burn you out a lot quicker. Remember, you could probably turn that monster post into 3 or 4 more targeted posts instead!
The best posts are clear, concise and only as long as they need to be. After all, our readers are busy. Tell them what they need to know and get out.
How to write an Headline?
- 5-10 words at the most.
- should be accurate and specific. …
- Use present tense and active verbs, but don’t start with a verb. …
- Use infinitive form of verb for future actions. …
- Do not use articles – a, an, the.
- Do not use conjunctions like and – you can substitute a comma.
- Your headline should be interesting enough to entice people to click on it.
- It should be optimized for search and social media.
How many Paragraphs should I choose?
- Try to be concise.
- Always try to keep your paragraphs short.
- One sentence is fine.
- Two sentences is typically OK. But no more than three sentences. Please.
- Short paragraphs are easier to understand and digest, help drive your point across, and encourage reading in this age of information overload and short attention spans.
How to optimise with Yoast SEO?
We love Yoast SEO. It will highlight potential SEO and readability problems and areas for improvement.
What you need to worry about for your post:
- SEO Title: Make sure this matches your headline.
- Slug: This is the same as your URL/Permalink.
- Meta Description: Optimize for search and give readers a reason to click in 1-2 concise sentences.
- Focus keyword: What search query do you want to rank for?
Do I need WordPress Categories?
Pick, at minimum, one WordPress category for your article.
You may pick up to two relevant categories (e.g., if your post covers both SEO and Content Marketing).
Should I use Excerpt?
Please add an excerpt (maximum: 20 words) for every post. It can be similar to your meta description.
This is the description that appears on the Mondosol website when it publishes. If your excerpt exceed 20 words, it will end with a …
The Excerpt is located below the Yoast SEO box. (If you don’t see it click on screen options in top right and click Excerpt.)
Can I use A/B Testing for Titles?
We A/B test headlines – your main headline and two alternates. Alternate headlines must be less than 50 characters.
What Featured Image can I use?
Required: a featured image (found on the right sidebar in wordpress) that is 1600 pixels wide and 840 pixels tall. Please preview your post before submitting it to make sure your featured image is formatted correctly.
What In-Post Images can you use?
- All in-post photos must be center-aligned, unless they are aligned with text.
- You can use images from Shutterstock (if you have an account) and sites that release all licenses (e.g. Death to Stock Photo, Unsplash, and Pixabay) only.
- You can also use images that you created or photographs you took. Your own screenshots are great!
- No promotional images: Images cannot have a company logo or brand.
- No external links on images.
- No memes. While we love memes, and there is debate on whether memes fall under ‘fair usage‘, we do not want to pay Getty copyright violation penalties. No memes pleeze.
- The Mondosol editorial team reserves the right to replace or remove images they deem irrelevant to the post or has negative connotation without prior notice.
- All images must have proper attribution at the bottom of your post like in this example:
Can I use Republishing Content?
In order to avoid duplicate content issues with Google, we permit content to be republished 14 days after publishing on Mondosol. You MUST use a canonical link.
What is the Mondosol Editorial Review?
- If we find out authors aren’t writing their own posts, we reserve the right to reject or delete the post, as well as prohibit the author from writing for Mondosol going forward.
- We may add a disclaimer at the end of any article to disclose any relationships (or lack thereof) that either Mondosol or the author may have with organizations mentioned in the article.
- In the instance of corrections to byline, facts, or updates to published articles, Mondosol reserves the right to edit any post at any time. Post changes may be noted with a note from the editor about the change and the reasoning for the update or change, if applicable.
How is Mondosol Publishing Process?
Once you submit your pitch here, if your pitch is accepted, we will send you an invitation to edit a Google Doc.
This Google Doc will be populated with your headline and filler text (comprised of helpful instructions for formatting, tips for writing, etc). You will write your guest post draft within this Google Doc.
After your draft is complete, you’ll send a quick email and the editing process will begin. We’ll make comments and suggestions right there in the Google Doc. And once finished, your post will be published.
We’ll repeat as necessary.
Please Note: Your post will not be scheduled for publication until it’s met the Mondosol standards. Don’t feel bad. Even great bloggers like Jon Morrow get edited.
Can I be a regular contributor?
If you prove to be a quality writer who actively promotes his/her guest posts and interacts with readers in the comments, Mondosol may ask you to write on a recurring basis.
- Contributors on the writing schedule: Posts are due 2 business days before your next publishing day.
- Ad hoc contributors: Our goal is ~2 weeks turnaround from the time you submit your post draft to publication.
What after I’ve finished a post?
If you met the Mondosol standards for a Sponsored Article you will see the post published.
If you are a contributor of Mondosol and pressed that blue WordPress button “Submit for Review” you will see those post status:
Post Status: Submitted to Editor
When you’ve finished a post draft, you’ll press the big blue button. Your post will go through the first round of copyediting, link checking, and whether it passes our editorial rules above.
Post Status: Copy Editor Reviewing
This stage is where our Copyeditor gets out a red pen and corrects for:
- Typos, grammar, content flow
- Links. If the link is germane to the content, it stays. But include a link four times? Use keywords or calls-to-action? Too self-promotional? The red pen will spring into action.
- Full disclosure. If you reference your company in the article, your connection as the author needs to be made clear. So instead of “ABC SEO published a case study…” it should read “My company, ABC SEO, published a case study…”.
Post Status: Ready for Scheduling
Get on your mark! This post will be sanity checked one last time by our Executive Editor before it’s sent out on its way into the world.
Post Status: Scheduled
It’s gonna go live!
How to write my Bio?
In order to write your bio directly into WordPress back office you need to invited and follow this procedure:
- Head to “Edit My Profile”.
- Make sure to fill out your Biographical Info.
- Upload a color Profile Photo – use a headshot so people can clearly see your face.
- Add links to your personal Social Profiles:
- Add your Company Details:
- Your company
- Your position
- Your company’s URL
Note: You are eligible to get a followed link from your Mondosol profile page if you meet some basic criteria:
- You must have written at least 5 Mondosol articles.
- You are on the Mondosol writing schedule (or contribute articles on an ad hoc basis somewhat regularly – minimum 1-2 a year).
- You agree not to abuse your link. Or you will lose it.
What if I am Missing the Deadlines?
If you’re going to miss your deadline, please give us a heads up.
We know you’re busy. Stuff comes up. Just let us know. It only takes a couple of minutes to send us an email or private message.
If you miss 2 deadlines in a row, we’ll contact you to make sure you want to continue on as an Mondosol Contributor.
If you miss 3 deadlines in a row, and fail to respond to communications from us, you will lose your status as a Mondosol Contributor.
Guest posting on Mondosol
We have a dedicated team of editors who carefully review all content submissions to ensure the best possible fit for our site. While we cannot guarantee publication due to the high volume of submissions we receive, we strive to provide opportunities for authors to share their valuable insights with our audience.
Our evaluation process considers factors such as relevance, quality, and potential reach, aiming to showcase informative and engaging content. We appreciate your understanding and encourage you to continue submitting your valuable ideas for consideration.
Publishing Fee for website DA and Monthly traffic
Don’t Overpay For A Guest Post. Here are some stats for your a$$ as an example
|DA||Monthly traffic||Publishing Fee|
|20+||1,000 – 3999||$30 – $60|
|20+||4,000 – 9,999||$40 – $100|
|30+||10,000-99,999||$80 – $150|
|40+||100,000 – 499,999||$130 – $300|
|40+||500,000||$800 – $15,000|
Mondosol Created a Plan with Stats for Promoting Guest Posts. You can check more information here
Guest Post from Mondosol
If you can’t wait, you can opt for a Sponsored Article from Mondosol. This option allows you to be published within a few weeks, but it still needs to be approved by our editors. Find out more about sponsored articles on Mondosol.
How to do the Formatting
- Use H2 headings for your subheadings.
- Use H3 headings for sections within your subheadings. If you need to go another level deeper, it should be bold (not H4).
- No span tags
- No div tags
- Avoid bolding within sentences.
- No filler/font formatting that affects content appearance
- Write out single numbers “one..nine”. 10 and up are written as digits. Percentages are written as digits.
- For Pete’s sake: one space after punctuation. Please.
- Example URLs (e.g. http://example.com) need to be plain text (not hyperlinked).
- Title Case: Use this nifty tool to easily convert to AP-Style Title Case! For grammar nerds, here’s “coordinating conjunction” words that do NOT get capitalized in titles:
How to include Images
Include images, but only if you have permission to use them.
- When including images, gifs, or screenshots, cite the image source as: “Image source” and hyperlink that text with the page you found the image on. If you’re using a Creative Commons image, be sure to provide its link so we can give proper credit to the owner.
- To ensure they look the best in Mondosol’s theme, please use images with widths of 640px or larger.
- A Caption is optional.
- Always add Alternative Text. This can be the post title or a succinct description of the photo that fits the post’s topic.
Optimize your image file names. IMG_123454646572.png or screenshot3.png is bad.
How to submit a pitch
Ready to share? Good. 🙂 Please to submit your blog post idea click the button below…
If your article meets our editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published.
Got all that?
Hit us up here.